Thursday, February 09, 2006

PAD06 - Childhood Memories

Today's theme was "childhood memories" so I went in search of a playground. I was actually hoping to photograph a set of monkey bars - those huge cube structures made of iron bars - only to find out they no longer exists. Neither do see-saws (teeter-totters) or merry-go-rounds. Apparently, some city official that spent half his childhood getting stuffed in school lockers determined that these apparati were too dangerous for today's youth. Fortunately, I found this swing set before it was removed. (Don't laugh, they ARE replacing all the swing sets with versions that have the equivalent of seat belts.) Anyway, to capture the "childhood memories" aspect, I chose to render the image in black and white. I also chose a perspective that emphasizes the size of the set, giving the impression of a small child looking up at the swing set.


Click to view full image


Technorati:
IceRocket:

No comments: