Saturday, February 18, 2006

PAD06 - Point Street Bridge

Today's theme was "Bridge". Well, RI has plenty of them, but I've been saving a lot of them for night shots. This one is the Point Street Bridge which crosses the Seekonk River in Providence. The three stacks on the right belong to the electric company. As an interesting side note, I lived not too far from here when I was a toddler. When I was three, the water in the foreground was the temporary home to a stranded pilot whale that the locals named "Willie". Crowds lined the shores for several days watching Willie swim back and forth in that narrow inlet. Unfortunately, he never found his way out to sea and died there. I remember being very disappointed at seeing Willie because he didn't look anything like the whales I'd seen in cartoons.


Click to view full image


Technorati:
IceRocket:

No comments: