Thursday, January 05, 2006

PC0106 - F is for Freighter
PC0106 - P is for Port of Providence
PAD06 / PC0106 W is for Wasp Nest

F is for Freighter

Today's "Daily Photo Challenge" theme was "Heavy Machinery", which lead me to the East Bay Bike Path for some photos of the marine traffic heading into Providence. This freighter was docked right across from the bike path near some of the oil storage tanks that line the shore. Fortunately, there was nobody from the Department of Homeland Security around to ask me why I was taking photographs of oil refineries and freighters!


Click to view full image


P is for Port of Providence

The East Bay Bike Path affords a nice view of the Port of Providence. Here are some large cranes lining the shore near one of the many petroleum storage terminals at the port.


Click to view full image


W is for Wasp Nest

I stumbled across this wasp nest quite by accident while photographing the Port of Providence from the East Bay Bike Path. While walking back to the car, I was keeping an eye out for interesting birds to photograph, and I noticed a very large mass in one of the trees. Using the zoom lens as a telescope, I noticed that the mass was a broken wasp nest. Fortunately, the summer residents don't handle a New England winter very well, so I did not have to approach the queen for a model release.


Click to view full image


Technorati:
IceRocket:

No comments: